This is one event that you can’t afford to miss! Here’s how to effectively and successfully communicate the value of attending the Annual IC3 Conference to your institution: download tips and talking points.
Yes! In line with IC3’s objectives to make the conference accessible for all deserving college and career counselors, the IC3 Scholarship program offers fully- and partially-funded grants for high school delegates, which may include conference registration, travel to the conference city and accommodation at the homes of IC3 Host School teachers and administrators. Counselors are responsible for their meals outside of the conference-provided meals. For details, visit the IC3 Scholarship webpage.
The 2019 Annual IC3 Conference will be held in Mumbai. The conference hotel is Grand Hyatt Mumbai, located at Bandra Kurla Complex Vicinity, Off Western Express Highway, Santacruz East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400055, India.
Yes, there are limited number of rooms available at a special rate. The 2019 Annual IC3 Conference Hotel booking link will be added on 01 January 2019, along with the registration link.
Yes! We are happy to recommend some alternative hotels in the area. It is not required that conference attendees stay at the conference hotel. For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, we have several other accommodation options:
- IC3 Scholars may receive accommodations at the homes of IC3 Host School teachers and administrators. For more information, write to email@example.com.
- We are also happy to recommend some alternative hotels in the area. It is not required that conference attendees stay at the conference hotel. For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closest international airport to the 2019 Annual IC3 Conference is Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM). Flights from BOM directly connect to most international and India domestic destinations.
From a comfort and safety perspective, we recommend conference participants use hotel cars at the conference hotel.
Depending on which events you may be attending pre- and post-conference, please review the following suggested time frames:
- Fair & Symposium attendees (university delegates who have selected one or more of these optional, add-on student fairs before and/or after the conference) should plan to arrive the day before the fair(s). Transportation to the Fair & Symposium will depart from the conference hotel very early each morning.
- Pre-Conference Workshop attendees (high school delegates who have selected the optional, add-on workshop before the conference) should plan to arrive in time to attend their selected workshop, which will begin each morning at the IC3 Host School venues.
- Annual IC3 Conference attendees must arrive with enough time to visit the conference registration desk to pick up their badges and check-in prior to the sessions.
Check with your local Indian Embassy or Consulate for any mandatory vaccinations for travelers coming to India. Even if no vaccinations are required, it is prudent to take precautions against Malaria and Hepatitis B. We also recommend that you meet a health care specialist before travel.
You must have adequate international travel/international health insurance for your trip, and bring a copy of your international insurance card with you.
- If you are not an Indian citizen, you may need a nonimmigrant visa to enter the country. For more information on requirements check with your local Indian Embassy or Consulate. If needed, we may be able to provide registered delegates a letter of invitation. Please email email@example.com for further information.
- Note: Some nationalities can apply for a tourist visa on arrival (TVoA) a maximum 30 days (and minimum of 4 days) before leaving for India. Check with your local Indian Embassy or Consulate for details.
Details about transportation to and from the venues, suggestions about materials to bring and shipping, and more can be found on the Fair & Symposium page.
Independent counselors who work with high schools and will attend on behalf of and with their schools’ permission may be allowed to register for the Annual IC3 Conference, in the registration category of “Other Approved Organization Delegates”.