There are many ways you can contribute to the IC3 Movement! You can participate in and attend the IC3 Regional Forums, which are one-day local events that take place across different cities around the world, or even host an IC3 Regional Forum at your school. You can volunteer to join one of the many IC3 Committees. You can volunteer as IC3 Institute Faculty, or if you are a high school counselor you can apply to participate in the IC3 Institute (free of cost). You can also sponsor the IC3 Conference or the sponsor the IC3 Regional Forums.
The next Annual IC3 Conference will now take place on 25-26 August 2021 at the Taj Palace, New Delhi, India. This will be our 5th Annual IC3 Conference!
All Pre-Conference and Post-Conference events will also take place that week.
If you already registered for the 2020 Annual IC3 Conference, we will be happy to carry over your registration and apply it to the next conference in August 2021. Or if you prefer, we can issue you a complete refund. (To request a refund, please write to us at email@example.com.)
If you already booked hotel nights for the conference at the Taj Palace using the IC3 booking link, you will be able to receive a full refund. Please cancel your booking through the hotel directly.
Yes! We are so excited to celebrate the graduation of the 2019-2020 IC3 Institute cohort this year. More details coming soon!
That's great! The Call for Proposals window is still open, and IC3 very much welcomes your session proposals. Proposals received before 15 June 2020 will also be considered for presentation during the upcoming series of virtual programs in addition to the 5th Annual IC3 Conference.
We invite your contribution to various forms of IC3 content throughout this year and going into the next conference. Please feel free to continue to submit session proposals!
All conference-related deadlines including the Early Bird registration deadline, the Call for Proposals deadline, the IC3 Scholarships and IC3 Awards deadlines will all be shifted to the same dates in 2021.
Absolutely! We envision a combination of physical and virtual events. The remaining 2020 IC3 Regional Forums, which were postponed, will be held in-person or virtually as appropriate. You should also expect to see a robust, engaging, and inclusive new series of virtual programming for the rest of this year and beyond. Considerations for virtual programming include:
- A robust, educational webinar series
- Workshops for high school counselors
- Workshops for university representatives
- Concurrent sessions
- Cultural performances
- IC3 Fair & Symposium events for students and parents
- IC3 Presidential Forum webinars/panels
...and more! We can't wait to share details with you very soon on all these upcoming ways to stay engaged, share knowledge, and network virtually.
There is no deadline to register for the Annual Conference, and onsite registration will be available (though there will be an added fee of $50 to your registration cost). There are many benefits to registering early, including:
- Early Bird registration pricing
- Promotion of your institution on our website
- Mobile app access and profile
- Receive updates related to the conference
- Ease of hotel room availability
Each delegate must complete the conference registration process separately. It is not possible to register multiple individuals on one registration.
Independent counselors who work with high schools and will attend on behalf of and with their schools’ permission may be allowed to register for the Annual IC3 Conference, in the registration category of “Other Approved Organization Delegates”.
Yes! In line with IC3’s objectives to make the conference accessible for all deserving college and career counselors, the IC3 Scholarship program offers fully- and partially-funded grants for high school delegates, which may include conference registration, travel to the conference city and accommodation provided by the IC3 Host Schools. Counselors are responsible for their meals outside of the conference-provided meals. For details, visit the IC3 Scholarship webpage.
The 5th Annual IC3 Conference will be held in Delhi. The conference hotel is Taj Palace, New Delhi located at 2, Sardar Patel Marg, Diplomatic Enclave, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021, India.
The below hotels can be looked at, which are located in 5kms proximity of the conference hotel:
- ITC Maurya New Delhi - Diplomatic Enclave, Sadar Patel Marg, New Delhi 110021, India - 0.3 kms from Taj
- The Leela Palace New Delhi - Diplomatic Enclave, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110002, India - 2.5kms from Taj
- Hyatt Regency Delhi - Bhikaiji Cama Place, Ring Road, New Delhi 110066, India - 3.2 kms from Taj
- Jaypee Vasant Continental - Basant Lok, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi 110057, India – 4.4kms from Taj
- The Claridges Hotel - 12 Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Road, New Delhi 110011, India – 4.5kms from Taj
- Sarovar Portico Naraina - A-9, Naraina Vihar, New Delhi 110028, India - 4.9 kms from Taj
- Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi - 19 Ashoka Road, Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India - 5.4 kms from Taj
- Le Meridien New Delhi - Windsor Place, New Delhi 110001, India - 5.3kms from Taj
Yes, we have several other accommodation options:
- IC3 Scholars may receive accommodations provided by the IC3 Host Schools. For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are also happy to recommend some alternative hotels in the area. It is not required that conference attendees stay at the conference hotel. For more information, please review the list of nearby hotels directly above this (in the FAQ “Are there other hotels in the area near the conference hotel?”), or write to email@example.com.
You may submit a session proposal here. To give you an idea of the types of sessions we’re looking for, please review this year’s theme. Once all session proposals are submitted, the IC3 Content & Research Committee will review and finalize the conference schedule. Please note, we request that all session presenters also register for the 5th Annual IC3 Conference.
IC3 shares free videos of previous annual conference sessions on the IC3 YouTube channel! For a copy of the slides from a specific session, please contact the individual presenter to inquire directly.
If you plan to ship any materials, we suggest to ship to your hotel. Please work with your hotel directly to confirm the exact shipping address and any specific labeling information. We strongly recommend working with a shipping partner for your international shipping needs, as there are sometimes hang-ups in Indian customs. We recommend Air Concepts for this service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on which events you may be attending pre- and post-conference, please review the following suggested time frames:
- Fair & Symposium attendees (university delegates who have selected one or more of these optional, add-on student fairs before and/or after the conference) should plan to arrive the day before the fair(s). Transportation to the Fair & Symposium will depart from the conference hotel very early each morning.
- Pre-Conference Workshop attendees (high school delegates who have selected one of the optional, add-on workshops before the conference) and Pre-Conference Seminar attendees (university delegates who have selected the optional, add-on workshop before the conference) should plan to arrive in time to attend their selected workshop, which will begin each morning at the specified IC3 Host School venues.
- Annual IC3 Conference attendees must arrive with enough time to visit the conference registration desk to pick up their badges and check-in prior to the sessions.
- If you are not an Indian citizen, you may need a nonimmigrant visa to enter the country. For more information on requirements check with your local Indian Embassy or Consulate. If needed, we may be able to provide registered delegates a letter of invitation. Please email email@example.com for further information.
- Note: Some nationalities can apply for an e-visa. Please read about the different e-visa types/options, eligibility, requirements, and the application procedures here: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
Check with your local Indian Embassy or Consulate for any mandatory vaccinations for travelers coming to India. Even if no vaccinations are required, it is prudent to take precautions against Malaria and Hepatitis B. We also recommend that you meet a health care specialist before travel.
You must have adequate international travel/international health insurance for your trip, and bring a copy of your international insurance card with you.
The closest international airport to the 5th Annual IC3 Conference is Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). Flights from DEL directly connect to most international and India domestic destinations.
From a comfort and safety perspective, we recommend conference participants use hotel cars at the conference hotel.
Details about transportation to and from the venues, suggestions about materials to bring and shipping, and more can be found on the Fair & Symposium page.
This is one event that you can’t afford to miss! Here’s how to effectively and successfully communicate the value of attending the Annual IC3 Conference to your institution: download tips and talking points.