Virtual Fair & Symposium - Platform Manual
Thank you for registering for the IC3 Live Virtual Fair & Symposium.
The event will run for two hours, from
05:30-07:30pm IST • 08:00-10:00am EDT • 01:00-03:00pm BST
Here’s how to prepare yourself to make the most of the event experience.
- This registration is the process of setting up your profile on the virtual platform and is separate from registration for the event
- Register on the platform using this link: https://fair.symposium.ic3live.com/form.php
- Use the email address used in the event registration form to register on the platform
- Create your profile and keep a record of your login details
- On the day of the dry run (13 August) and the days of the event (23 or 28 August 2021), use this link to access the platform.
- Enter the username and password created by you at the time of registering on the platform
- Login at least 20-30 mins prior to the event
- Use Google Chrome as your browser
- Clear all cache and cookies from your browser and restart the browser before logging in
- Close all the other applications on your computer to free up your system. Only keep the browser window and any presentation you need for the event open
- If you play a video for the attendees, do remember to take off your headphones to relay the sound to them
- If you face any technical issues, try logging in again and/or refresh your browser
|Timing - IST||BST||EDT||23 August 2021|
|5:00pm - 5:30pm||12:30pm - 1:00pm||7:30am - 8:00am||Workshop Room A: Mathematics: The Way of the Future - Dr Ian VanderBurgh, Director of the Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (CEMC) -University of Waterloo
|5:00pm - 5:30pm||12:30pm - 1:00pm||7:30am - 8:00am||Workshop Room B: Roundtable with Peers: In Conversation with Sara Roberts - Imperial College London
|5:00pm - 5:30pm||12:30pm - 1:00pm||7:30am - 8:00am||Workshop Room C: Experiential Education & The Humanities - Lloyd Ackert, Ph.D, Teaching Professor,Department of History- Drexel University|
|5:35pm - 5:45pm||1:05pm - 1:15pm||8:05am - 8:15am||Group 1 Presentations|
|5:50pm - 6:00pm||1:20pm - 1:30pm||8:20am - 8:30am||Group 2 Presentations|
|6:05pm - 6:15pm||1:35pm - 1:45pm||8:35am - 8:45am||Group 3 Presentations|
|6:20pm - 6:30pm||1:50pm - 2:00pm||8:50am - 9:00am||Group 4 Presentations|
|6:35pm - 6:45pm||2:05pm - 2:15pm||9:05am - 9:15am||Group 5 Presentations|
|6:45pm - 7:30pm||2:15pm - 3:00pm||9:15am - 10:00am||Open interaction with all universities|
Once you login to the platform, you will be able to access the following features through the navigation tab on the top left:
- University Details
- Virtual Lobby
Use the Activities > Date tab to ensure you are on the correct event date.
Through this tab, delegates can edit their details and upload a profile picture.
Through this tab, attending students and parents can view the list of all participating universities
Upon clicking on the ‘Details’ button on a university box, attendees can:
a. View university information
b. View popular programs offered by the university
c. View names and details of university representatives
d. Download brochures shared by the university
e. Download the business card of the University representative
f. Pose questions to the university through the Questions tab
g. Add comments through the ‘Comment’ tab
Upon clicking on the ‘Details’ button on a room box, attendees can:
- View detailed information about the activity/room
- View speaker information
- Specifically for university rooms
- View popular programs offered by the university
- View names and details of university representatives
- Download brochures and business cards shared by the university
- Attendees can post their questions in the Questions tab prior to the event
- Specifically for university rooms:
- Universities can reply to the questions directly through the Questions tab
- We recommend that you check the platform daily in this period to answer questions promptly
- This is an added feature for pre and post-event engagement with high school students, in addition to the chat feature in the university room during the event
- Attendees can use this tab to leave comments
- Similar to a physical lobby at an event, this is where attendees will be able to see all universities exhibiting at the event
- The attendees will be able to enter a university room by clicking on the university name
- They can also use this virtual lobby to navigate between university rooms
- You will see your university name featured here. Please click on your university name to enter your individual virtual room
- You can also find your university by using the search function
Note: Please do not enter another university’s room
University Virtual Room
Watch the video below to see how to enter your university room.
If this is your first login, the browser will ask you to allow access to the camera and microphone. Please allow access. (Enable browser settings if needed, detailed instructions shared in Browser Settings section.)
The attendees entering your room can interact with you through the text chat and video features.
- Anyone entering your room can send text messages in your chat box. The messages exchanged in the chat box are public and room participants can read all previously exchanged messages
- You can invite any attendee to turn on their camera for a video chat. Everything that happens in the room is public
Remember: Do not leave your room unattended - the primary registrant must always be present in the room for the session to be recorded.
You will have access to the following features in your university room:
Through this function, you will be able to send and receive text messages from attendees
The chat transcripts will be provided to universities on request after the event
Through this feature, you can view and reply to questions posed by attendees
Through this function, you can conduct quick polls with the attendees
Through this function, you will be able to see the current number and names of attendees in your room.
You will be able to give attendees audio and video access for a direct chat by clicking on the door icon next to their name.
We recommend that you allow only one attendee for a video/audio discussion at any given time.
Through this function, attendees in your room will be able to access and download any brochures/documents about your university you shared with us. These have already been uploaded in your room.
If you have not already shared your brochures and materials with us, please do so latest by 20 August, beyond which we will not be able to guarantee that materials will be added to your room
Through this function, you can share your screen to present a powerpoint or play a video. We recommend that you use Google Slides for your university presentation for the best user experience.
Raise Your Hand
Through this function, the attendees can raise their digital hand to indicate that they need something
- Please note: If you prefer that your university room session is not recorded, please let us know in advance and we will switch it off
- As soon as the primary registrant from the university enters the individual virtual room, the session will start recording automatically. The first participant should be logged into the room for the recording feature to remain activated
- You can request to receive the recording after the event
- We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser for the best user experience
- Please enable the platform access to your camera and microphone by checking your browser settings, if it is not auto-enabled (detailed instructions on how to allow access shared below)
b. Go to Permissions > Camera Settings
c. You can adjust your settings to allow necessary access here Ensure that the blue switch is activated and the website address fair.symposium.ic3live.com is visible in Allowed Devices
Google Chrome Settings for Mac OS and Windows
a. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
b. Select the Privacy tab
c. Select the following settings
- Select Camera > Google Chrome by checking the box
- Select Microphone > Google Chrome by checking the box
- Select Screen Recording > Google Chrome by checking the box
- Refresh or restart the browser for the settings to be applied
Google Chrome settings for Windows
Using A VPN
Using a work computer
If your organization blocks access to some websites, you will still be able to attend the event as a viewer but you may not be able to turn on your camera and microphone.
Follow these steps to change the settings.
Allowing camera and microphone access:
- Click the 3 dots in the right upper corner of your Google Chrome window and choose Settings
- Click on Privacy & Security > Site Settings > Camera > ensure that the site is not in the list of “Blocked” websites. If it is, remove it from the “Blocked” list
- Repeat the same process for microphone settings
If you are still unable to use your camera and microphone:
- Click on the lock icon in the address bar of the virtual lobby page
- Go to Site Settings
- Under Permissions, check Camera and Microphone settings
- If the camera and microphone are blocked with the sections greyed out, and you cannot set to
Allow, your organization may be blocking permissions for the site. Contact your organization’s IT
support team for required browser permissions
- If that is not possible, please use another system to login
- Write to email@example.com or send a Whatsapp message to the following numbers for
- +91 86578 59058
- +91 91672 55437
- Visit the IC3 Help Desk room in the Virtual Lobby for assistance by an IC3 team member