IC3 Pre-Conference Workshops for High School Delegates
27 August 2018: Level One, 11:00am – 5:00pm • 28 August 2018: Level Two, 10:30am – 5:00pm
The College Board is proud to partner with IC3 to offer two pre-conference workshops, scheduled on two consecutive days. The content of each workshop will be connected and will build on each other so that counselors are able to benefit from attending both workshops in sequence, or opt to participate in either workshop alone.
These transformative workshops will provide thematic, skills-based training for professionals responsible for guiding students from India to world-class higher education opportunities. Through interactive sessions led by international higher education enrollment leaders and through authentic dialogue with our faculty & your peers, you will learn how to provide your students with a clear understanding of the admission process for selective global universities. You will also acquire strategies and tools to help your students secure post-secondary options that best align with their career aspirations. The Pre-Conference Workshops are ideal for administrators and college guidance counselors who are interested in best practices and candid insights into the admission process of top universities.
Register for the 2018 Annual IC3 Conference and Pre-Conference Workshop:
Organized by: College Board
The College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity. Founded in 1900, the College Board was created to expand access to higher education. Today, the membership association is made up of over 6,000 of the world’s leading educational institutions and is dedicated to promoting excellence and equity in education. Each year, the College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success — including the SAT and the Advanced Placement Program.
2018 Pre-Conference Workshop Key Topics
Level 1: Core Concepts and Skills
27 August 2018 • 11:00am - 5:00pm (timings may vary) • Cost: $25/ ₹1,625
- The fundamentals of college admission, financial aid, and the counselor’s role
- The structure of a college counseling program and how to develop a plan and implementation strategy
- Exploring resources to help students and parents with college search, the application process, campus visits, and communicating with college representatives
- Understanding what admission officers look for when reviewing college applications
- Helping students and parents determine which institutions are a right fit for a student’s university criteria and career aspirations
Level 2: Current Trends and Hot Topics
28 August 2018 • 10:00am - 5:00pm (timings may vary) • Cost: $25/ ₹1,625
- Development of systems and approaches that enable students to own their college journey and to plan for their future
- Delivery of impactful support to students during a time of change and anxiety
- Leveraging technology and data
- Strategies to serve the intercultural/21st century/future-ready student
- Understanding the full range of liberal arts higher education opportunities, including options within India
- Comparing major global higher education systems (including recent shifts in those systems)
- Measuring scope, sequence & success and advancing your career development
Director of International Admissions at Indiana University Bloomington
Douglas L. Christiansen, Ph.D.
Vice Provost for University Enrollment Affairs and Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid, Vanderbilt University
Zina L. Evans
Vice President for Enrollment Management and Associate Provost, University of Florida
Senior Director – International Higher Education Outreach, College Board, U.S.