About IC3 Regional Forums
The IC3 Regional Forums are a series of one-day events in high schools across India, South Asia, Southeast Asia and the Middle East, organized by the IC3 Conference Committees. 30 IC3 Regional Forums are being planned for 2019. Dates and locations will be announced shortly.
Leading high schools are placing an increasing emphasis on systems to best support students and families understand their multiple options at colleges and universities at home and around the globe, with the goal of finding the one which best suits their own aspirations and interests. The IC3 Regional Forums are aligned with IC3’s mission to empower schools to build and maintain robust, well-resourced and research-oriented career and college counseling offices. The Regional Forums enable access for hundreds of schools that have limited resources for travel and training of their principals, teachers and counselors. Other key objectives of the Regional Forums are bringing inclusiveness, diversity and quality.
Hosted at local high schools, the Regional Forums provide an opportunity for learning and new knowledge creation along with networking. Counselors, teachers and principals from the local area interact with universities from across the globe.
The Regional Forums are also an opportunity for university delegates to learn more about the local area, students, education systems and schools. All participants will have an opportunity to share new knowledge through breakout sessions, which will be selected by conference committee members from among the session proposals received through the conference website.
Benefits for High School Counselors/Teachers
- Learn about country-level systems and opportunities for students to apply to best-fit universities by country
- Examine the tools that leading international schools in India and abroad are using to help guide students and their families through the processes of learning about career options and finding best-fit undergraduate opportunities
- Develop valuable relationships with colleagues in the region
- Each counselor/teacher will be awarded an IC3 Forum Counseling Level 1 Certificate for attending an IC3 Regional Forum
Benefits for University Representatives
- Learn about emerging trends at the local level, including: how are students and their families preparing for selecting and applying to a best-fit university? What subjects and majors are most popular? What common questions do counselors/teachers hear, and what types of information can help them best serve students and families?
- Develop valuable relationships through networking, meet a variety of local counselors/teachers
Benefits for Organizational Delegates
- Develop valuable relationships with leading regional high schools in a target area, and meet global higher education institutions
- Increase the visibility of your organization
- Showcase your value-added solutions at a time when increasing numbers of regional high school students are searching for best-fit opportunities to pursue their education and career aspirations